Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Post Cross Natz Blues

OK, it's been a few days since I've returned home from KCCX and I've got the Post KCCX Blues really bad. I want to find anyone that'll listen, and talk on endlessly about the varying conditions, the course layout, the awesome atmosphere, my emotional highs and lows from each race I did....blah, blah, blah!!! There's hardly any good post race coverage on-line to help me with my need for a "fix," either. It was so cool to see so many folks I know, and meet tons of other folks that love CX so much. I think it is neat to see all the CX superstars, but I always feel weird asking them for a photo, autograph and such, as I know they're just regular folks like us.

Yeah, I should be happy and relieved that CX season is over as it is totally exhausting for me, but since the snow is so awesome right now (25"+ in December), I feel the pressure to get out there; and I still feel unprepared for Christmas.

Well, despite being totally "lame" most of the summer and early fall with the herniated disc in my neck I am pretty happy how I was able to come on pretty strong late in the season. While not a major threat by any means, I can hold my own quite well, which makes me proud. The Wisconsin cross scene has matured nicely, but we still have room for improvements next year. Part of me wants a crazy Portland-like scene, but I think our Midwestern folks will never be that crazy, nor do I want them all to be. We'll start planning for 2008 soon enough.

So, I got the skis in the car and I'll be hitting the trails for the 1st time tonite. I am totally prepared to be stiff and sore, as my body never likes skate skiing until I've done it a few times.

Ciao!
JPE

No comments: